Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

I sometimes come across concrete structures like these in the landscape: well-like structures next to a path

The closest tag I've found so far is to tag it as "man_made=water_well", but I don't really know if the concrete things are actually used for retrieval of water. Maybe they are used for pumping, or for other purposes. Is there a less specific way to tag such structures?

asked 19 Nov '22, 12:43

Troels%20Arvin's gravatar image

Troels Arvin
accept rate: 0%

edited 19 Nov '22, 15:16

I'm not sure they are wells. I would ask local people what they are. You could add a map note doing the same or find a local facebook page and ask there. If they are wells they should have a notice saying safe or not safe to drink I would have thought.

permanent link

answered 21 Nov '22, 19:34

andy%20mackey's gravatar image

andy mackey
accept rate: 4%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 19 Nov '22, 12:43

question was seen: 535 times

last updated: 21 Nov '22, 19:34

powered by OSQA