Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

How do you edit a single (named) road to indicate the sections that are chipseal and those that are gravel?

asked 15 Aug '21, 21:38

purexplorer's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

You have to first split the way at the point where the surface changes and then tag both sections accordingly.

If you tell us which editor you want to use we can tell you how to do that if you run into any problems.

permanent link

answered 15 Aug '21, 22:36

TZorn's gravatar image

accept rate: 15%

I don't have a preference on which editor to use so I will pick the iD editor unless there is a reason to use something else.

Is this accomplished by right-clicking on a control point?

(16 Aug '21, 00:44) purexplorer

Yes. If there already is a node at the point where you want to split the road, just right-click on it and apply the scissors. If there is no node first click on the node button on the top and then click on the road at the point where you want to split.

(16 Aug '21, 09:23) TZorn
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 15 Aug '21, 21:38

question was seen: 893 times

last updated: 16 Aug '21, 09:23

powered by OSQA