NOTICE: is being shutdown on 1st March 2024. Please use the OpenStreetMap Community Forum

How should a street that is one-way for general traffic, but two way in its construction and for public transportation?

or a recent question from czech forum How to tag road that has toll for vehicles exceeding certain size (3,5t) and free for passenger cars?

asked 11 Aug '11, 17:05

LM_1's gravatar image

accept rate: 10%

Please take a look at our Wiki, there are pages for the oneway and vehicle tag. For tagging the oneway restriction you can use oneway=yes in combination with psv:backward=yes or bus:backward=yes whichever is correct in your case. For similar tags check the road signs page which is available in several languages.

There are also toll and maxweight tags but there is no hint on how to combine them. According to tagstat there are use cases like toll:hgv.

permanent link

answered 11 Aug '11, 17:13

scai's gravatar image

scai ♦
accept rate: 23%

edited 11 Aug '11, 17:19

Might start new questions about your maxweight and toll confusion.

(11 Aug '11, 23:54) Baloo Uriza

Have a look at Oneway in the wiki ... there are some tags like oneway:bicycle=no

Maybe you can adapt that to public transport.

permanent link

answered 11 Aug '11, 17:16

stephan75's gravatar image

accept rate: 6%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 11 Aug '11, 17:05

question was seen: 6,904 times

last updated: 11 Aug '11, 23:54

NOTICE: is being shutdown on 1st March 2024. Please use the OpenStreetMap Community Forum