Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

Is there an established tag for a drop off area alongside a road?

These are often seen next to bus stops an look similar to passing places but exist to allow buses or other vehicles to pull out of the flow of traffic while passengers get on and off.

These are distinct from laybys and accesses to larger bus stations in that they are widened areas of an existing road rather than separate ways.

I'm sure I saw something for this once somewhere in the wiki but I'm getting nowhere in maze of public transport pages.

asked 28 Jul '19, 16:02

InsertUser's gravatar image

accept rate: 19%

edited 28 Jul '19, 16:03

permanent link

answered 29 Jul '19, 11:01

alan_gr's gravatar image

accept rate: 15%

That looks like the one. Thanks.

(29 Jul '19, 12:51) InsertUser
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 28 Jul '19, 16:02

question was seen: 1,249 times

last updated: 29 Jul '19, 12:51

powered by OSQA