First off, should I even be doing this? My area has a lot of open drains and it would be great to depict them on a map.

asked 11 Oct '18, 12:59

awireman's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

You can add all kinds of waterways to OSM. For artificial drains see waterway=drain. Also take a look at the differences to waterway=ditch.

In case you are talking about manhole-like storm drains take a look at manhole=drain and other manhole types.

permanent link

answered 11 Oct '18, 13:45

scai's gravatar image

scai ♦
accept rate: 23%

what about the part of the road that crosses over a drain. there is no visible bridge. the drain goes under the road through a small tunnel. do we tag that part of the road bridge or no

(20 Jan '19, 15:46) gvmsia

If there is no visible bridge then the object going under the road is a tunnel. So either use tunnel=yes or tunnel=culvert (if appropriate) for the part of the drain that passes under the road. Optionally add layer=-1 for this part.

(20 Jan '19, 17:30) scai ♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 11 Oct '18, 12:59

question was seen: 1,288 times

last updated: 20 Jan '19, 17:30

powered by OSQA