NOTICE: is no longer in use from 1st March 2024. Please use the OpenStreetMap Community Forum

We want to carry a paper map, with some routes drawn on top. Is possible to use as a base openstreetmaps? Is there a license?

asked 09 Apr '17, 15:34

Freemount's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

edited 13 Apr '17, 20:47

aseerel4c26's gravatar image

aseerel4c26 ♦

Simplest is to do a screen grab. The screen will have the copyright notice on it. It is free to use. You will have to draw in your route with a marker or import the image into a paint prog and draw on that so you can print several copies. see

(09 Apr '17, 23:28) andy mackey

resolution of a screen grab is too low for quality printing.

(10 Apr '17, 04:10) escada

You can use e.g. Maperitive to create printed maps. You do need to mention (c) OpenStreetMap contributors on your map, see

permanent link

answered 10 Apr '17, 04:12

escada's gravatar image

accept rate: 21%


What is the purpose of the map? If it is for mapping, then you can use Fieldpapers. Here you can select and area and tile size and print out maps for mapping purposes. If you just need a map, you can use Bigmap for printing out a map. You draw a bounding box and it gives you output as a PNG file that you can then print out.

permanent link

answered 10 Apr '17, 06:25

mmahmud's gravatar image

accept rate: 3%

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 09 Apr '17, 15:34

question was seen: 189,037 times

last updated: 13 Apr '17, 20:47

NOTICE: is no longer in use from 1st March 2024. Please use the OpenStreetMap Community Forum