Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

Hello, everybody.

I already saw tracks used for forestry, but not wide enough for tractors, only for quad bikes. As they are four-tracked wheels used for forestry/agriculture access, should I map this as highway=track, or should I use highway=path as the track isn't wide enough for traditional agriculture vehicles?

Awaiting your answers,


asked 17 Jul '16, 08:05

Penegal's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

edited 17 Jul '16, 08:06

There are all kinds of tractors and other forestry/agricultural vehicles. Some are large, some are small. If the way is wide enough to be usable for a typical motor car then I would use track instead of path.

permanent link

answered 17 Jul '16, 09:05

scai's gravatar image

scai ♦
accept rate: 23%

I would opt for highway=track + width= or maxwidth=

permanent link

answered 17 Jul '16, 09:19

nevw's gravatar image

accept rate: 9%

edited 17 Jul '16, 12:29

I mark forestry access roads as either Service Roads or Tracks (when they can't be used by a small car - quads are different due to ground clearance) or Trails (when they are very old and overgrown).

permanent link

answered 18 Jul '16, 17:18

robinottawa's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 17 Jul '16, 08:05

question was seen: 2,589 times

last updated: 28 Feb '17, 12:30

powered by OSQA