I was doing a MapRoulette challenge about buildings that intersect ways, and some looked like this:

example photo (at imgur)

It's a covered "forecourt". How should this be tagged? The way (road) isn't a tunnel, or go under ground. The road is covered by a roof, the building does extend out over the way. How should this be tagged.

asked 08 Jan '15, 21:20

rorym's gravatar image

accept rate: 11%

edited 08 Jan '15, 21:33

aseerel4c26's gravatar image

aseerel4c26 ♦

The tag to use for these open sided roofs is building=roof:


also used for petrol station etc.

permanent link

answered 08 Jan '15, 21:51

mboeringa's gravatar image

accept rate: 10%

edited 08 Jan '15, 21:53


… and an appropriate layer tag. For the road's way maybe covered=yes.

(08 Jan '15, 22:31) aseerel4c26 ♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 08 Jan '15, 21:20

question was seen: 1,667 times

last updated: 09 Jan '15, 12:28

powered by OSQA