Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

How to map a bicycleway/footway that crosses a highway on top of a speed hump? It is clearly a speed hump because of its height and lenght but also a crossing. Should I just add both tags?

asked 03 Nov '14, 08:07

UntaggedWay's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Hi looking at the Wiki pages http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Traffic_calming a bump is 0.30 m, a hump is longer but has no flat area to carry a cycle way. Tag it traffic_calming=table, it has a flat area to allow bicycles a safe passage over the highway.

permanent link

answered 03 Nov '14, 10:54

Hendrikklaas's gravatar image

accept rate: 5%


and yes, you can add both tags. or in case of a table, you could also split the way at both ends of the table. You could then add the traffic_calming tag to the way and the highway=crossing to the node.

(03 Nov '14, 10:59) escada
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 03 Nov '14, 08:07

question was seen: 2,813 times

last updated: 03 Nov '14, 10:59

powered by OSQA