Suggestions wanted on preferred tag for the line of stacked tyres forming a barrier around a motor racing track. The barrier tags don't seem to offer a solution.

asked 08 Oct '14, 11:46

nevw's gravatar image

accept rate: 10%

Barrier=wall, material=tyres has been used in a couple places Overpass Turbo link

A couple others have tagged barrier=tires Overpass Turbo link. That also seems OK, except for the American "tire" vs. British "tyre" spelling.

You might also consider putting something about this on the highway=raceway wiki page, as that is usually the context these will be used in.

permanent link

answered 08 Oct '14, 15:29

neuhausr's gravatar image

accept rate: 21%

I would tag it as barrier=wall. You mention it being a tyre wall yourself in your question. Sure, they're usually made of brick, concrete or stone, but the material doesn't really matter.

permanent link

answered 08 Oct '14, 14:41

Stereo's gravatar image

accept rate: 12%

Stereo, it does matter if there’s a collision, just add material=tyres like neuhauser said, there more safety barriers with different materials used with of by sports with high velocities.

(08 Oct '14, 20:55) Hendrikklaas
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 08 Oct '14, 11:46

question was seen: 2,852 times

last updated: 08 Oct '14, 20:55

powered by OSQA