I was looking in the United States portion of Open Street Map and I noticed that Interstate Highways are marked “I xx” (i.e I 5, I 90, etc) and US Highways are marked “US xx” (US 95, etc) in the reference. Most Canadian highways simply have the number in the reference, I was wondering if it would be worth considering putting either TC or TCH in the reference as they have different highway shields? For example, the Hwy 1 in Alberta would go from being "1" to either "TCH 1" or "TC 1" to distinguish it as a Trans Canada Highway.

Would that be change worth considering? It would be a large undertaking to change all the references along the route.

asked 20 Dec '13, 17:42

MuzikMachine's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

As in most countries, please ask the local OSM community for the best way to go. http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=16. And look at the other highways and their tags here . http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway and a vieuw other pages.

permanent link

answered 20 Dec '13, 18:10

Hendrikklaas's gravatar image

accept rate: 5%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 20 Dec '13, 17:42

question was seen: 1,793 times

last updated: 20 Dec '13, 18:10

powered by OSQA