Generally, In my region, houses consist of a building and a yard in front/back of that building. how can I map these houses and which tags must I use? Is it Ok using wall for outer range of house and a building within? How can I address them (complete house? wall?!!)

asked 01 Jun '13, 21:23

kesler's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

See the page for tagging buildings (with addresses) on the wiki:

Yards are generally separated by fences, hedges, etc:

For mapping the yards themselves there seem to be three schools of thought (apart from not mapping that much detail at all). The first is most numerous. Mainly because people think the default map becomes too "messy" when tagging that way, the other options were invented.

  1. Combine leisure=garden with access=private
  2. Use residential=garden with or within landuse=residential
  3. Combine leisure=garden with garden:type=residential
permanent link

answered 01 Jun '13, 23:06

cartinus's gravatar image

accept rate: 27%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 01 Jun '13, 21:23

question was seen: 2,776 times

last updated: 01 Jun '13, 23:06

powered by OSQA