Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

I am trying to work out how to correct maps, specifically where speed limits are set wrong i.e. an A road that enters a built-up area and reduces to 40 or 30mph. Is it a case of changing the road type from trunk on that section?

asked 27 Oct '10, 16:27

rf_public's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Roads don't usually change classification when the speed limit changes. The way should still be tagged with highway=trunk, and you can also add a maxspeed=* tag to specify the new speed limit.

permanent link

answered 27 Oct '10, 16:41

Gnonthgol's gravatar image

Gnonthgol ♦
accept rate: 16%

edited 27 Oct '10, 17:15

Jonathan%20Bennett's gravatar image

Jonathan Ben...

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 27 Oct '10, 16:27

question was seen: 6,616 times

last updated: 27 Oct '10, 17:15

powered by OSQA