Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

What is the process for requesting or directly modifying the land use/descriptions shown for a regional area or a specific county? Ex. OpenStreetMap describes land uses which are not correct for a particular county, such as farm areas being shown as industrial, residential areas as farms, farms as commercial areas etc.

asked 17 May '12, 21:18

brad_athens's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

edited 17 May '12, 21:18

The best way would probably be to engage in modifying the area yourself. You can do that by clicking the "Edit"-tab at openstreetmap.org.

You can read up on the Beginner's Guide and if you're particular intrerested in landuse, I would recommend you to read the wiki on the subject.

permanent link

answered 17 May '12, 22:35

TheOddOne2's gravatar image

accept rate: 3%

If you don't feel like editing the map yourself, you can use the bug-reporting system at OpenStreetBugs to let others know of the problems.

permanent link

answered 18 May '12, 08:07

samwilson's gravatar image

accept rate: 20%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 17 May '12, 21:18

question was seen: 3,903 times

last updated: 18 May '12, 08:07

powered by OSQA