Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

I have found out that a shooting range should be tagged with sport=shooting. So far, so good.

But the wiki page about Key:sport states that "Since this is a non-physical tag it should be combined with one of these (physical) tags…" - and I do agree. But which physical tags should I typically use?

I've thought about leisure=pitch, but I don't feel convinced that the English word "pitch" is used for shooting ranges.

asked 11 Apr '12, 20:15

gnurk's gravatar image

accept rate: 15%

Presumably building=yes for where the actual firing occurs as there is often some shelter of some sort.

If the target range is outside probably on grass, so tag those areas like landuse=grass, access=no (so yeah shoot me [pun intended] if you prefer landcover=*...) for those areas.

permanent link

answered 11 Apr '12, 22:28

robbieonsea's gravatar image

accept rate: 16%

Also, military=danger_area sounds like an interesting tag for an open-air shooting range.


(12 Apr '12, 07:48) moszkva ter
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 11 Apr '12, 20:15

question was seen: 5,602 times

last updated: 12 Apr '12, 07:48

powered by OSQA