Why not ask your question on the new OpenStreetMap Community Forum?

I have used tourism=guest_house for some accommodation but is there a tag to specify self-catering?

asked 18 Mar '12, 17:00

Greg's gravatar image

accept rate: 50%

The wiki doesn't mention anything and TagInfo doesn't show anyone adding much.

permanent link

answered 18 Dec '14, 08:57

rorym's gravatar image

accept rate: 11%

There are two tourism tags appropriate for self-catering holiday lets. These are tourism=chalet (for a building let entirely), and tourism=apartment for several apartments in a single building, with 17k and 1k uses respectively. Neither has a particularly obvious, or even highly appropriate name (I'd find it hard to label a gite or a farm holiday cottage as tourism=chalet, which dont fit the current description on the wiki), but these are what is in use.

permanent link

answered 18 Dec '14, 11:46

SK53's gravatar image

SK53 ♦
accept rate: 22%

Hi Greg, use the Scandinavian definition for self serviced hytter. They tag them like this tourism=alpine_hut with service=self. Take a look here http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/60.15583/6.84245

permanent link

answered 18 Dec '14, 12:19

Hendrikklaas's gravatar image

accept rate: 5%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 18 Mar '12, 17:00

question was seen: 2,893 times

last updated: 18 Dec '14, 12:19

powered by OSQA